1. Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), aims to protect personal data in information and communications systems both in the government and the private sector.
2. It ensures that entities or organizations processing personal data establish policies, and implement measures and procedures that guarantee the safety and security of personal data under their control or custody, thereby upholding an individual’s data privacy rights.
I. What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide you OIC products and services, we must process information about you. The information we collect are the following:
1. Personal Information
– Email address
– Contact number
– Civil Status
– Present address
– Permanent address
– Number of years’ residency in present address
– Educational attainment
– Employment status
– Employment type
– Employer information
– ID information
– Spouse information
– Applicant’s Father’s Name
– Applicant’s Mother’s Name
– Person to be notified in case of emergency
The above-mentioned information that you have voluntary give to us will be collected when you register with the Site.
You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
2. Derivative Data
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site (Cookies).
3. Third Party Data
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Site permission to access this information.
II. How do we use your information?
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
– Create and manage your account;
– Email you regarding your account;
– Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized;
– Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site;
– Notify you of updates to the Site;
– Offer new products, services and/or recommendations to you;
– Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site;
– Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
– Respond to product and customer service requests;
– Solicit support for the Site;
– Perform other business activities as needed.
III. How do we disclose your information?
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
1. By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
2. Third Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
4. Business Partners
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
5. Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
IV. How do we protect your information?
1. We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
2. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
V. What are your options regarding your information?
1. Account Information
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
2. Emails and Communication
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by contacting us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in Philippines, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in Philippines. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
VI. How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
VII. How to contact OIC with questions?
If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us by email as described below:
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated December 27, 2019